TCA is a charitable organization whose objective is to raise money for distribution to non-profit organizations that work to support Thoroughbreds and assist the people who care for them. Over the past 33 years, TCA has distributed over $26 million to more than 200 Thoroughbred industry organizations.
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
- Applicants’ mission statements should align with TCA’s mission statement. TCA’s mission is to fund and facilitate the support of Thoroughbreds and the people who care for them.
- Applicants’ programming should fall within at least one of the following categories:
- Thoroughbred rehabilitation, retraining, re-homing, retirement, or incentive programs
- Backstretch and farm employee assistance programs
- Equine-assisted therapy organizations – must have a minimum of three registered Thoroughbreds
- Equine research organizations
*TCA does not fund first-year or start-up organizations
*TCA does not provide seed money nor fund proof of concept requests
2023 Grant Applications
♥ If your organization offers health and human services to backstretch and farm workers or conducts equine research please complete the grant application found here.
♥ If your organization provides Thoroughbred aftercare (retirement or rehab, retraining, and rehoming) and/or offers equine-assisted therapy services with Thoroughbreds, please complete the grant application found here.
- All organizations that care for horses must submit a vet reference form for each facility at which the organization keeps horses. The 2023 vet reference form can be found here: 2023 Grant Application Vet Reference Form
All applicants that use the Form 990EZ, must also submit a statement of functional expenses. A statement of functional expenses is not required for applicants that use the Form 990. The statement of functional expenses can be found here: statement of functional expenses.
Please email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.