TCA is a charitable organization whose objective is to raise money for distribution to non-profit organizations that work to support Thoroughbreds and assist the people who care for them. Over the past 32 years, TCA has distributed over $25 million to more than 200 Thoroughbred industry organizations.
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
- Applicants’ mission statements should align with TCA’s mission statement. TCA’s mission is to fund and facilitate the support of Thoroughbreds and the people who care for them.
- Applicants’ programming should fall within at least one of the following categories:
- Thoroughbred rehabilitation, retraining, re-homing, retirement, or incentive programs
- Backstretch and farm employee assistance programs
- Equine-assisted therapy organizations – must have a minimum of three registered Thoroughbreds
- Equine research organizations
*TCA does not fund first-year or start-up organizations
*TCA does not provide seed money nor fund proof of concept requests
The 2022 application submission deadline was May 1.
2023 applications will be available in January.
Please email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.