TCA is a charitable organization whose objective is to raise money for distribution to non-profit organizations that work toward improving the lives of Thoroughbred racehorses and assist the people who work with them. Over the past 28 years, TCA has distributed over $23 million to more than 200 Thoroughbred industry organizations.
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
- Organizations must work to uphold TCA’s mission of providing a better life for Thoroughbreds, both during and after their racing careers, by supporting qualified repurposing and retirement organizations and by helping the people who care for them.
- Organizations should fall within at least one of the following categories:
- Thoroughbred rehabilitation, retraining, re-homing, or retirement
- Backstretch and farm employee assistance programs
- Equine-assisted therapy organizations that have a minimum of three registered Thoroughbreds in their program
- Equine research organizations
*TCA does not fund first-year or start-up organizations
*TCA does not provide seed money nor fund proof of concept requests
2019 grant applications will be available in January.