TCA is a charitable organization whose objective is to raise money for distribution to non-profit organizations that work to support Thoroughbreds and assist the people who care for them. Over the past 33 years, TCA has distributed over $26 million to more than 200 Thoroughbred industry organizations.
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
- Applicants’ mission statements should align with TCA’s mission statement. TCA’s mission is to fund and facilitate the support of Thoroughbreds and the people who care for them.
- Applicants’ programming should fall within at least one of the following categories:
- Thoroughbred rehabilitation, retraining, re-homing, retirement, or incentive programs
- Backstretch and farm employee assistance programs
- Equine-assisted therapy organizations – must have a minimum of three registered Thoroughbreds
- Equine research organizations
TCA does not fund first-year or start-up organizations.
TCA does not provide seed money nor fund proof of concept requests.
The 2023 application period is closed. 2024 applications will be available on this page in mid-January. Applications are due May 1, 2024.
Please email Erin at email@example.com with any questions.