About Thoroughbred Charities of America
Click on the pictures above to see our grant recipients by category.
Our mission: TCA funds and facilitates the support of Thoroughbreds and the people who care for them.
TCA is a charitable organization that provides grants to approved non-profit organizations that work toward improving the lives of Thoroughbred racehorses and the people who care for them. TCA offers the Thoroughbred industry and its supporters a way to give to one organization while helping many.
Watch our video
TCA distributes grants to approved organizations that provide:
- Thoroughbred rehabilitation, repurposing, rehoming, and retirement programs
- Thoroughbred incentive programs
- Backstretch and farm employee programs
- Equine-assisted therapy programs that utilize Thoroughbreds
- Equine research
TCA at a glance:
- TCA is a grantmaking organization that offers a way to give to one organization while helping many
- Over the past 31 years, TCA has provided over $24 million grants to more than 200 Thoroughbred-related organizations
- TCA’s Board of Directors consists of some of the most knowledgeable and respected people in the Thoroughbred industry
TCA is a 501 (c) (3) organization.
View TCA’s IRS Exemption Letter
View TCA’s 2019 990