TCA is a charitable organization whose objective is to raise money for distribution to non-profit organizations that work toward improving the lives of Thoroughbred racehorses and assist the people who work with them. Over the past 24 years, TCA has distributed over $20 million to more than 200 Thoroughbred industry organizations.
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
- Organizations must work to uphold TCA’s mission of providing a better life for Thoroughbreds both during and after their racing careers and by supporting retirement, rescue and research and by helping the people who work with them
- Organizations should fall within at least one of the following categories:
- Thoroughbred rescue, rehabilitation, retraining, adoption and retirement
- Backstretch and farm employee assistance programs
- Therapeutic riding organizations that utilize Thoroughbreds in their programs
- Equine research organizations
*TCA does not fund first-year or start-up organizations
*TCA does not provide seed money nor fund proof of concept requests
Grant Application Procedure
Charities that meet the above criteria may submit an application. Applications are available each January and due to TCA by March 15 of each year. Applications must be completed in their entirety; incomplete applications will be disqualified.
The TCA Grants Committee reviews each application and provides recommendations to the TCA Board of Directors. Applicants will be advised in writing of the status of their grant request in June.