TCA is a charitable organization whose objective is to raise money for distribution to non-profit organizations that work toward improving the lives of Thoroughbred racehorses and assist the people who work with them. Over the past 26 years, TCA has distributed over $21 million to more than 200 Thoroughbred industry organizations.
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
- Organizations must work to uphold TCA’s mission of providing a better life for Thoroughbreds, both during and after their racing careers, by supporting qualified repurposing and retirement organizations and by helping the people who care for them.
- Organizations should fall within at least one of the following categories:
- Thoroughbred rehabilitation, retraining, re-homing, or retirement
- Backstretch and farm employee assistance programs
- Equine-assisted therapy organizations that have a minimum of three registered Thoroughbreds in their program
- Equine research organizations
*TCA does not fund first-year or start-up organizations
*TCA does not provide seed money nor fund proof of concept requests
Grant Application Procedure
Charities that meet the above criteria may submit a 2017 grant application available below. Applications are due March 15, 2017. Applications must be completed in their entirety; incomplete applications will be disqualified.
The TCA Grants Committee reviews each application and provides recommendations to the TCA Board of Directors. Applicants will be advised in writing of the status of their grant request in June.
2017 grant application for backstretch and farm employee programs and research organizations
2017 grant application for aftercare and equine-assisted therapy organizations
The above fillable forms can be completed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Please email email@example.com for Word document versions of the applications.