About Thoroughbred Charities of America
Click on a photo for a list of TCA grantees from 2011, 2012 and 2013.
To provide a better life for Thoroughbreds, both during and after their racing careers by supporting retirement, rescue and research and by helping the people who work with them.
TCA is a charitable organization that provides grants to non-profit organizations that work toward improving the lives of Thoroughbred racehorses and the people who work with them. TCA offers the Thoroughbred industry and its supporters a way to give to one organization while helping many.
TCA distributes grants to four types of organizations:
TCA at a Glance
- Thoroughbred rescue, rehabilitation, retraining, adoption and retirement
- Education and backstretch employee programs
- Therapeutic riding programs that utilize Thoroughbreds
- Equine research
- TCA is a charitable organization which follows a "United Way" methodology, providing the Thoroughbred industry and its supporters a way to give to one organization while helping many.
- Over the past 22 years TCA has provide grants to more than 200 Thoroughbred related organizations.
- TCA’s Board of Directors consists of some of the most knowledgeable and respected people in the Thoroughbred industry.
TCA is a 501 (c) (3) organization.
View TCA's Form 990.
View TCA's IRS Exemption Letter.